Eczema is a type of inflammation of skin that results in rough, dry and blistering red patches. Eczema on the lips can also be called lip dermatitis. It might look like you got a rash around the mouth.
Majority of cases of lip eczema are from the allergic reaction to application of some eternal substances, such as cosmetics and topical medications. It has been seen that most cases of lip eczema are either allergic contact dermatitis or atopic dermatitis.
What Are the Factors Causing Lip Eczema?
- Genetic factor – It is often seen that some people are more prone to this skin condition than others. So, you may say that there is a genetic factor in play. They might not only have reaction to a particular substance, but any small irritation may trigger their skin condition.
- Chronic eczema – When suffering from chronic eczema, getting relief from it is very difficult. Normal lip balms or over-the-counter topical medical does not work effectively rather it might aggravate the situation. The lips remain dry for long with red and peeling skin.
- Allergic reaction – This is a common reaction that causes eczema on lips. There are many cosmetic products that form allergic reaction. For instance, the ingredients of your lip balm may accelerate your eczema or it may cause allergic reaction ultimately leading to lip eczema.
Ingredients like beeswax and lanoline are one of the factors causing allergic contact dermatitis. Moreover, the aroma used in cosmetic products like lotion, cream, lipstick and lip balm may cause similar reactions and irritate the skin.
Be on Alert from The Risk Factors
You must be very careful if you are having the following conditions –
- There is a history of asthma, eczema or allergies in your family.
- Your skin is highly absorptive of chemicals and irritants.
- You are highly stressed
- You have a new lip care product
- You are very sensitive to hot or cold temperature
- You are facing a change in hormonal balance.
How to Reduce the Problem?
It is very important that you avoid products with possible allergen reaction and choose one that nourishes and hydrates the skin with anti-inflammatory properties. CBD chapstick or best hemp lip balm has anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties along with anti-inflammatory property. Allueur provides 100% vegan products with unique formulas that heal your skin.
The lip balms at Allueur are specially formulated to glide easily over the sensitive lips. It does not leave any patchy residue and there is no irritation or stinging effect when applying on a broken skin. You can see it take direct effect on your painful and chapped lips.
The dosage of CBD (Cannabidiol) used in CBD lip balms is very mild, something around 5-20mg. A good CBD lip balm would use natural ingredients like vegan oils, essential oils, and waxes like coconut oil, Shea butter, peppermint, vitamin E oil, and essentially an infusion of CBD oil. Regular usage of these products can help a lot to reduce your chronic eczema on lips.