There isn’t a vaccine for novel covid-19 pandemic plaguing the nation yet. This has left us with no option than to follow the necessary precautions imposed by the CDC and the state to protect us from infection. The virus is spreading at a rapid rate causing alarm amidst many. People are asked not to venture outside their home unless it is deemed absolutely necessary.
Staying safe during the covid-19 pandemic:
Social distancing is found to control the rate of infection from spreading. Many states insist their citizens to wear masks when in public. It is not always possible to maintain 6 feet distance from people when you are in a public place and masks serve as armors in such instances. Since some covid-19 patients are found to be asymptomatic, you may never know who is infected.
Purchase an ample number of masks in advance to keep yourself protected. There is shortage of masks in many stores and you can get them in bulk online from reliable sources like Customearthpromos.com. They have high quality surgical masks and make prompt deliveries. Always remember to wear a mask in public.
Tips for safe grocery shopping:
The thought of grocery shopping amidst this pandemic is enough to get many fearful since there is more risk of infection in supermarkets. There will be many other people around and the products in the rack could have been handled by many.
Those who are more at risk of contracting the infection such as older people and those with compromised immunity can get the help of neighbors, volunteers or use delivery apps to get groceries delivered. If these options aren’t possible, you can still be careful and cut down the risk of infection.
Make a list of required items beforehand so that you don’t have to spend more time wandering around the store looking for products. This is not the time for impulsive shopping. Arrive at early hours to stay away from crowds.
The choice of supermarket:
Opt for supermarkets that have implemented precautionary measures like putting up markets to ensure sufficient distance between customers, panels at checkout between customers and cashier etc.
Wipe the supermarket basket handle/ cart with a disinfectant.
- Avoid touching your face and mask whilst shopping.
- If you find someone standing too close to you, don’t hesitate to ask them to step back. Maintain a safe distance from others.
- Carry your own shopping bags
- Choose card transaction for checkout so that you don’t have to handle the coins handed over by the cashier.
- Before you drive your vehicle, use a sanitizer to clean your hands
- After you arrive home, place the products on the floor and wash your hands with soap and water for at least 40 seconds.
- You could wipe the surface of the products (like cans and boxes) with a disinfectant.
- If you place the products on surfaces like countertops or tables, remember to disinfect them.
Remember that the surfaces in the supermarket could be contaminate and exercise caution. These basic measures keep you protected from corona virus infection.